How fun! Can’t wait to try these pot pie cups!
- 4 cups Cauliflower
- 3 tbsp reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup cooked leeks
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1.5 cup Mixed vegetables (use broccoli/cauliflower mix), frozen
- 24 oz Chicken, cooked
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until you achieve a rice-like consistency.
- Transfer cauliflower “rice” to a bowl and microwave for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow cauliflower to cool for approx 10 min.
- Add the cauliflower rice to a cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the juice from the cauliflower as possible. Once you have done a round with the cheesecloth. Repeat with another dry cheesecloth to ensure you have removed a majority of the liquid.
- Add the dried cauliflower rice to a bowl with the egg, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Using your hands, combine all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Spray a large muffin pan or 4 ramekins and gently press the cauliflower mixture to the sides, creating a cauliflower bowl.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the centers are dry and the edges are golden brown.
- While the cauliflower bases are in the oven, spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray and sauté the leeks on high heat until slightly tender.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken broth, almond milk, mixed vegetables, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- Stir and cover for approx 5-8 minutes or until frozen vegetables are soft.
- Mix the almond flour with the water to make a slurry and add to the sauce with the cooked chicken.
- Stir in the almond flour mixture and increase heat to high and cook until sauce begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill each cauliflower base with the pot pie filling and serve!
YIELDS: 4 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 leaner protein, 3 green, 3 condiments