Bonus points for creative presentation! This recipe is totally health plan approved
- 4 cups (10.52 oz) bell peppers~ Roughly 4 peppers (8 Greens)
- 1 lb cooked 95-97% ground beef, uncooked (2 Leaner)
- 1 1/2 cups (9.51 oz) frozen riced cauliflower, cooked* (3 Greens)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (6 Condiments)2 tbsp salsa (2 Condiments)
- 1/2 cup diced green chiles (1 Green)
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce (4 Condiments)
- 2 cups (8 oz) reduced fat Mexican cheese (2 Lean)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat ground beef over medium high heat, crumbling as you cook.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and stir until well coated.
- When beef is almost cooked through, stir in the green chilies, salsa, cooked cauliflower rice, and enchilada sauce.
- Turn off heat.
- Set aside.
- Cut the top off each pepper and hollow out the inside; removing ribs and seeds.
- Place each pepper on the baking sheet.
- To stuff each pepper, start with several spoonfuls of beef, then half cup cheese, then fill nearly to the top with beef.
- Top with another 1/2 cup cheese (depending on size of the pepper, 1/4 cup cheese would be enough. Whatever covers the top to your liking), and place the top back on the pepper.
- Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted