I cooked this and it was even better the next day. Gotta do this again! Delicious and on plan!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups chopped okra
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower “rice”
- 3/4 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot, and add the garlic, scallions, celery, and bell pepper; cook until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, water, thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the okra and chicken, and continue to simmer until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and shrimp, and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. If gumbo is too thick, add water as desired. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.