Breakfast for dinner is always a fun option.
- 2 cups egg beaters
- ½ cup each: raw jalapeño (sliced), tomato (sliced) & green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 thin slice onion (sliced down the middle of an onion, yielding 1 tablespoon)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp trans-free margarine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Dash of black pepper
- Heat margarine in small skillet.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in jalapeños, bell pepper and tomato, sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Whisk egg beaters with dash of pepper.
- Add egg beaters to olive oil, sauté stirring frequently to create scramble until cooked.
- Spoon eggs into bowl, top with sautéed veggies and fresh cilantro.
YIELDS: 1 serving
PER SERVING: 1 leanest, 2 healthy fats and 3 condiments.