The flexibility of this health plan is a winner! If I’m teaching an Art Coaching session tonight, I can eat a Lean & Green meal in the middle of my day. Who’s hungry?
- 4 (6 oz/170 g) portions skirt steak, lightly seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 4 cups kale
- 1 cup parsley
- 2 Tbsp of capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 small lemon, juiced (about 2 Tbsp lemon juice)
- Add the chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Add water, if needed, to loosen it up. Season to taste and set aside.
- Pre-heat a nonstick pan or skillet. Spray a little nonstick cooking spray, and add the skirt steak. Cook to desired temperature; we recommend medium rare. Set aside to rest.
- Slice thin on a bias against the grain.
- Toss the steamed broccoli with the chimichurri and serve with the sliced steak.
YIELDS: 4 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments
360 Calories, 22 g fat, 6g carbohydrates, 37 g protein