- 8 oz raw 85%-94% fat free ground turkey – yields 5 oz cooked (1 lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers (1/2 green)
- 1/4 cup chopped red peppers (1/2 green)
- 2 tsp low sodium taco seasoning mix (3 condiments)
- 1 tbsp water
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- dash Tabasco sauce
- Place turkey, green peppers, red peppers, taco seasoning mix, 1 tbsp water, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce into a mixing bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Form patties.
- Once all are formed, cook however you like to cook burgers. Grill (indoor or out), cook in hot skillet, or broil under broiler.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until an internal thermometer has reached 165 degrees.
*Note: If you would like to add 1 oz 2% reduced fat cheese such as Mexican Three Cheese blend 3-6g fat /oz to the top of your burger, decrease your raw meat to 7 oz so that it yields 3.75 oz cooked. You can also use one slice of 2% American Cheese that is 2.5 grams of fat in place of the Mexican Cheese.
1 Lean, 1 Green, and 3 Condiments