A fun recipe for Fiesta Friday that’s health plan approved!
- 2 and 1/4 lbs 95% to 97% lean ground beef (4 – 3/4 Lean)
- 1/2 cup egg beaters (1/4 Lean)
- 1 tsp chili powder (2 Condiments)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (1 Condiment)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 Condiments)
- 2 cloves freshly minced garlic (2 Condiments)
- 1/2 cup salsa (8 Condiments)
- 1 cup reduced fat Colby and Monterrey jack cheese, grated (1 Lean)
- 4 oz diced green chili peppers (1 Green)
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg beaters and spices together.
- Cut a large square of waxed paper and roll out the ground beef mixture into a flat square.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese and the green chili peppers.
- Roll the waxed paper, with the meatloaf in the middle, until it shapes into a loaf.
- Carefully unfold the waxed paper from the meatloaf and remove.
- Fold the ends of the meatloaf to the cheese and chilies will not spill out during cooking.
- Place in a loaf pan.
- Top with salsa.
- Bake in oven at 375° F for 50 to 55 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle other half of cheese on top and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
YIELDS: 6 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 lean1/6 green2.5 condiments