A delicious & healthy weekend option.
- 18 ounces ground turkey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup scallions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup of tomato sauce (less than 5 grams of carbohydrates per ¼ cup)
- ½ cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian cheese
- ¼ cup parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and beef, eggs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Try not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough.
- Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf.
- Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.
- Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
YIELDS: 6 servings
PER SERVING: 1 lean, 2 condiments, ½ green