If one of your goals in 2021 is to cook more light meals, this would be a GREAT start! Delicious & healthy
- 1 lb whole tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 scallions, white part only
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 8 pitted green olives, halved
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ c chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced (9 oz. w/out pit)
- 8 oz. romaine lettuce, washed & torn
- ¼ tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 lbs peeled & deveined shrimp
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Bring a med pot of water to boil & cook shrimp ~2-3 min until pink.
- Remove shrimp & put in an ice bath until cooled.
- Drain, pat dry, & set aside.
- Toss 1st 4 ingredients in olive oil.
- Put on sheet pan & broil 5-10 min until charred.
- Remove pan & cool.
- Remove inedible parts (seeds, skin, etc.).
- Place the rest in food processor & pulse until desired consistency.
- Put tomato mixture, shrimp, & remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, toss well.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over lettuce & serve.
YEILDS: 4 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Leanest, 2 Healthy fat, 3 Green, 1 Condiment