A fun twist on pizza to try this weekend!
- 5 large Green Bell peppers, halved, seeded and cored.
- 1 cup Organic-low sugar marinara
- 1.5 lbs Cooked and seasoned 95-97% lean ground turkey breast
- ½ tsp Garlic or onion powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasonings
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 thin slices all natural low fat provolone or mozzarella, cut in half so that each pepper half only contains 1/2 slice – total weight 4 ounces
- 1/4 cup sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Tomato
- 10 Olives
- 2 thin slices Red Onion
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f
- Halve your green bell peppers lengthwise.
- Place peppers in a boiling pot of water for just 3 minutes
- Drain on paper towels, then, lay them “cup” side up, on a flat sheet pan.
- Place a few Tbsps cooked turkey, and marinara inside each pepper.
- Place 1/2 slice of cheese on top of meat, then arrange desired Veggies on top of that.
- Bake in preheated 375 f oven for about 8-10 minutes…just until cheese is melty
YIELDS: 5 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Leaner Protein, 3 Vegetables, 2 Condiments